Friday 5 February 2010

2009 Movies

In 2009 I watched quite a few movies and though I watched some pretty bad ones, there were also some that left a mark. I was going through my diary and found out the list of movies I watched last year. Don't get me wrong, I just saying which movies I enjoyed and which I didn't. I don't mean to be critical.

So the first movie I watched in 2009 at the cinema was 'Pink Panther 2'. Fun movie for a good laugh.

Right after Valentine's Day I went to watch 'He's Just Not That Into You'. It was an ok movie. Lots of great actors in one movie doesn't always end well.

Then I watched 'Taken'. Very good film, I recommend this one. I like movies like this it kept me glued to the screen at all times. Interesting plot and very real (it could happen to anyone).

'I Love You Man' was so funny. I love Paul Rudd so anything he's in I'll watch. Really fun movie about a bromance. I mean not every guy can pull this one off.

I absolutely hated 'Duplicity', but I guess I was the only one because most of my friends enjoyed it. I was so disappointed and bored with this one. I love Julia Roberts so I was expecting something outstanding.

I have a confession to make I watched 'Hannah Montana: the Movie' but it was for a good cause. I was babysitting that day so I took the girls to watch it. I don't know what they see in her but little girls love Hannah Montana. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but I just cannot stand Miley Cyrus's voice (no offense).

'17 Again' was quite funny. Matthew Perry and Zac Efron = Perfect!

'Ghosts of Girlfriends Past' was cheesy. I watched it because I got a free ticket but I didn't really want to see this one. It's not terrible but it's so predictable and not that funny.

'Management' I think was one of the worst movies I've ever watched. Boring from beginning to end. I thought it'd be good with Jennifer Aniston and all but boy was I wrong. I was literally falling asleep.

'Easy Virtue' I thought was quite boring also. I don't remember why I chose to watch this one but it was so incredibly boring. I'm not a big fan of Jessica Biel and this film didn't really do it for her, in my opinion.

'Up' was the only animation I watched in 2009 and it was well worth it. So cute. I feel so sorry for Carl in the beginning when his wife dies, I just want to cuddle him. And Russell is so cute and funny. I quite liked it!

'My Life in Ruins' was ok. 2009 was not the year for Nia Vardalos. Very predictable movie, not funny. I just enjoyed the scenery being in Greece and all.

'The Hangover' was one of the best movies of 2009. I laughed from beginning to end. Bradley Cooper stunning as ever was funny. Everyone was funny! That was a bachelor party to remember.

'The Taking of Pelham 123' was intense. Denzel Washington and John Travolta, very good combo. Great movie. Certainly deserved 5 stars. The whole chaos in the movie gets your attention until the very end. I thought the ending scene could've been better but it didn't get in the way of the amazingness of the movie.

'The Proposal' was very very very funny... I love Sandra Bullock, she's one of my fave actresses. And this movie once again proves why. Ryan Reynolds is hysterical and charming. Had a good laugh with this one.

'Whatever Works', well I have on thing to say "DON'T WATCH!" It's absolute crap. It was directed by Woody Allen, I should have known it was crap because every movie I've watched by Woody Allen has been crap.

'Year One', well to be honest with you I fell asleep throughout most of the film because I was on a 15hr flight. It didn't keep me awake unfortunately. The parts I was able to see I didn't really find funny.

'My Sister's Keeper' very emotional. I cried during it and after... I think it's the first movie I watch with Cameron Diaz where she plays a more serious role. Very emotional. I read the book and cried when I read the book, so I knew I'd cry.

'Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs' was alright. I don't really like sequels and I think they're running out of things to write for Ice Age. So they should just give it a rest and move on to something else. There are some funny bits don't get me wrong but I think we've had enough of the Ice Age.

'I Hate Valentine's Day', well I wasn't very fond of this one. Like I said 2009 was not Nia Vardalos year. Quite boring to be honest. Let's move on...

'I Love You Beth Cooper' was blah aswell. I think Hayden Panettiere is very pretty and a good actress but I'm sick of her roles as cheerleader. She has to move on and do something else. Let's just leave it at that!

'500 Days of Summer' was good. Was very cute, a bit too slow for my liking but it's a cute story.

'Homecoming' was blah! Not a big fan of Mischa Barton and movies like this just get me mad. It wasn't a very good thriller/drama. If you're bored I recommend this movie.

'Orphan' was tragic. I wasn't even going to watch but my sister told me so much about it I ended up watching. Very intense. The whole time I thought it was something and in the end it's something completely different (would never have thought of it). It's a tragic end but thrilling movie. I was nervous, anxious through the entire film. WATCH IT! if you enjoy this kind of thriller.

'The Ugly Truth' made my day! I remember I was quite sad the day I watched this but it was worth it because I laughed. There's some hilarious scene. The tree and the baseball game scene are my favourites. Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler...made me laugh very very very much!

'All About Steve' I was dying to see this movie all year and when I saw it...disappointed! It was ok but by the previews I thought it'd be really funny.

'Couples Retreat' was somewhat entertaining. Not the best movie but Bora Bora makes up for all the acting. There's some funny bits but nothing hilarious.

'The Blind Side' was one of my favourite movies of 2009. Such an inspiring, feel good movie. I enjoy watching movies based on true stories and this one was no different. Very well done. Sandra Bullock was incredible and I'm hoping she wins the Oscars.

'Did You Hear About The Morgans', very predictable but I liked it. I'll watch anything Hugh Grant is in. Sarah Jessica Parker is good only in Sex and the City, in my opinion. There were some laughable bits but the movie itself was blah!

'Avatar', need I say more! I'm going to confess I wasn't expecting much from this movie. I thought James Cameron... I didn't really like Titanic so I was like whatever. Well it proved me wrong. Fantastic, outstanding, incredible...what else can I say. I was dying to use the restroom but I didn't leave not for one minute because I didn't want to miss a thing. I was disappointed that I didn't get to see in 3-D because it was sold out. That's my only disappointment. The best movie of 2009...like they say leave the best for last!!!

No comments: