Wednesday 26 May 2010

Gone too soon



So I'm in studying mode with exams halfway through. I was busy studying for my social theory exam when I got the news. Tuesday morning (25/05/2010) it was the saddest news, a dear friend passed away. We met 5yrs ago when we attended the same school. I dreaded that school but Janita was one of my closest friend there. The sweetest girl you'll ever met, that was Janita. Such a blessed soul, full of life and wonderful friend. There was nothing about her that I didn't like. I hadn't seen her in 4yrs and finally this year we were planning to meet up because we were living only 1hr away from each other. Getting such news is never easy but it really shook me. I began crying uncontrollably. Kept thinking of how young she was only 19, she had a whole life ahead of her. But it was cut short, terribly short. My heart ached and still does when I think of her family. Her sisters, her mother...I can only imagine what they must be going through. I believe God has a purpose for each one of us but when things like this happen I really can't understand why? Why did God put such a beautiful soul on this planet to live for a short period. Why take her life so abruptly? I don't want to judge God's plan so I ask that He comforts us all during such difficult times. She died from cerebral malaria and hepatitis B...just awful. My thoughts and prayers are with your loved ones.

You can shed tears that she is gone,

or you can smile because she has lived.

You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back,

or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.

Your heart can be empty because you can't see her,

or you can be full of the love you shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,

or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember her only that she is gone,

or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind,

be empty and turn your back.

Or you can do what she'd want:

smile, open your eyes, love and go on.


You're finally free...so fly beautiful butterfly...
May you Rest in Peace, Neets

No comments: